A social media advisor is someone that helps with a company’s social marketing presence. They help them to understand how best to use it for marketing and to build their brand online and specialize in social marketing planning and strategy.
These advisors work on a company’s marketing approach to help with their brand strategy, customer engagement and overall communication through social channels. They are often also a content integrator, navigator, analyst and trend watcher with the relevant skills to perform those roles. Their job duties often include:
• Developing a social media strategy
• Posting content including text, graphics and video
• Collaborating with marketing staff to maintain a consistent brand image
• Keeping abreast of what is happening in social communities and communicating and interacting with them to answer any issues that arise
• Providing strategic advice on new ideas for marketing