Did you know that there are Emergency Evacuation Sirens located throughout the city? These sirens are used to warn people of an impending emergency, such as a tornado or hazardous material release.
What should I know about this?
– Sirens are designed to warn people who are outdoors of an impending emergency.
– Sirens should be used only as a last resort when other methods of communication, such as text messages or phone calls, are not possible.
– Sirens should be sounded for three to five minutes before the emergency occurs.
– The siren may be accompanied by a voice message that gives instructions on what to do.
If you hear an Emergency Siren:
– Take shelter immediately.
– Do not call 911 unless you have an emergency.
– Turn off all electronics and appliances.
– Stay tuned to local news sources for updates on the situation.
We hope this information has been useful to you.