A social media marketing plan outlines the way that you intent to promote your products and services through social media channels. It involves the following main steps:
• Choose the social networks you intend to use; some will be better suited to your product or service than others based on your customer and the sites they prefer.
• Complete the profiles thoroughly for each site that you intend to use.
• Create marketing materials that are aimed at your intended customer.
• Establish a posting strategy that reaches your customers at the times they are most receptive to your message.
• Analyze your results and make changes to emphasize what was successful. Your plan must can only be successful if it has a target and measurable milestones.
• Engage with the customers that responded to your marketing and take note of what they say in order to better target future efforts.