Cyber security companies provide security and risk management solutions for IT that protect against attackers and safeguard critical data. Because attacks are constantly evolving, providing effective security measures requires specialized expertise so many companies outsource their security function.
A company can outsource some or all of its IT security and threat management functions to a managed security service provider or to different providers with experience in particular solutions. IT security areas that can be outsourced include managing firewalls and intrusion detection, denial of service attacks, incident identification, user access control and responding to attacks, among others. Effective cyber security should provide the following:
• Reduce the risk of attacks
• Protect computer systems and networks from unauthorized access
• Secure sensitive data (through encryption, for example)
• Protect against service disruption
• Identify malware attacks
• Identify security breaches and response